What is an NPC Faction?
NPC Factions are a group of NPCs that stick together. They signify a race, or a group of individuals from a race within a location.
Creating an NPC Faction
An NPC Faction can be created by using an NPC Wand on the ground, then selecting Global -> Factions Menu.
Note this will create a blank NPC as well. Delete it when you are done unless it is required.
Important Rules to follow regarding factions
- All factions must be paired with an opposite. For example, you could create a faction called 'Ra Loyalists' and 'Abydonians' to service the world 'Abydos'. This ensures there is always an 'opposite path' to befriending a faction, even if we dont use it.
- All methods for gaining reputation with one of the paired factions should have the opposite effect for the opposing faction.
- All Factions should be visible and be attacked by mobs.
- Factions can be renamed and hidden, but must never be deleted.
- You should seek approval from an Admin before creating a new NPC faction.